This programme provides training and learning sessions that are designed and delivered specifically to develop the ‘next generation’ of managers, those that have been identified as having management and leadership potential in your organisation.
The approach for developing members of staff is one which provides a combination of training, facilitation and coaching. Delegates will be encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and development, this they will do through being set projects, work-based activities as well as working on real-life scenarios in the workshops. These tried and tested methods allow the delegates the time and space to ‘work through’ and practice the skills and behaviours needed to succeed at the next level.
These workshops will provide an opportunity for Managers to define their roles within the organisation and how that role is both influenced and influences other management and leadership roles, taking a ‘broader view’ approach. The workshops will be highly participative, using coaching techniques with the group to facilitate the agreed objectives.
The input will be on developing a high performance culture, critical leadership behaviours that encourage engagement within the team and enabling change and taking people with you.
- Facilitation of the team identifying and clarifying the behaviours and competencies needed to be demonstrated to achieve the next step in their Leadership role
- Effective leadership, adapting styles to meet the needs of those they will manage
- Developing personal presentation skills; communication skills; networking and building relationships with stakeholders
- Building confidence to work at a managerial level within the organisation; what are my barriers? What could hold me back
- Addressing the challenges of their roles in order to increase their performance and that of the organisation. How to build resilience
- Recognise own personal strengths and weaknesses as a leader and learn from experience whilst planning personal development to improve own performance and leadership skills
- Acquiring the skills required to lead – particularly those related to leading change and leading people
- Promoting employee engagement and emotional intelligence; Building relationships. No leader can achieve alone, leaders need to create and maintain the relationships they need in order to deliver and progress
- How to create working strategies by identifying and prioritising the key issues. This also includes how to deal with other issues which are distracting attention or impeding performance
- Identify opportunities for developing the capabilities and competencies of individuals and the team and plan for these to be met by using a variety of learning opportunities and techniques